Wednesday, December 17, 2014

12



Pages of the notebook are filled with elaborately detailed landscape sketches.

Headache hasn’t gone away for days. The doctor I saw said there were no traces of drugs in me. Don’t know what’s causing this.

I can’t stand the noise. Was New York always so loud? Everywhere I go is a shrieking circus of sounds, all scraping like talons down my brain. The lights are even worse. Had to turn off all of mine, but I can still see them at night through the window. Can’t they shut them off for just one night? Then there’s the smog….

More people keep coming to the city. All the protestors, gathering for the conference. All they do is add to the din. Except for the Wakį́yą people. It’s easy to spot them amongst the protestors. They don’t have signs or chants. They’re just standing off to the side, quietly watching the sky. As if they’re waiting for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment